You can find our location on Google Maps
Hanham court is half way between Bath and Bristol, just off the A431 at Willsbridge. It is near the A4174 Avon ring Road at the Vue Cinema ASDA and M&S Longwell Green roundabout which connects with the A431 Bath to Bristol Road. By bicycle is close to the cycle path at Hanham and Willsbridge; from which you can turn off near the Conham River park along the Avon at Hanham Lock and cycle up the hill from which Hanham Court is on the right;
There are two pubs at the bottom of the lane – The Chequers Inn and The Lock and Weir – both are on the river and have plenty of parking and connect with the River towpath and Conham River park
Most of the garden, tea rooms and lavatory have proved accessible for the disabled and we have had many happy disabled and wheel chair visitors. However we would like you to note that the Tea Rooms and Lavatory are accessed by a separated assisted way in ( this has to be locked because we had all our power tools stolen last season) which may involve a) waiting for someone to assist you, and b) making your way down a fairly steep gravelled slope. To access the main formal garden you can get almost everyhwere on gravel paths and slight ramps and by retracing your steps should never have to climb steps to see, though not touch, almost all of this part of the garden . To accesss the dell and vegetable garden there are gravel and grass ramps – this is the wilder bit of the garden- from the Tea Room area and you can exit from here also via the gravel slope and locked gate with assistance from the Tea Room staff. But you cannot get from the Dell to the Formal Garden or vice versa without climbing steps.The car park is very close.
- Our map showing the river/pub and parking
- Our map showing stations and cycle path
- Cycle Path – see map http://www.sustrans.org.uk/map
- Pubs within walking distance – see map
- Footpaths and Conham River path – see map
- Bristol Temple Meades
- Bath Spa
- Keynsham Station
- Court Farm Rd/Ellacombe Rd – No. 318 from Cribbs Causeway to Keynsham
- Hanham Common/Memorial Rd/ Whittucks Rd – No. 44 and 44A Cadbury Heath to Bristol Centre
- *No 45 *from Horsefair Bristol to Longwell Green every 15mins Mon-Sat and hourly on Sundays
- No 332 Bristol Bus Station to Longwell Green 35mins past the hour Mon-Sat and hourly on Sundays (No. 632)every 2hrs from 9.35am
- From Bath ( 25 min) No 332 Bath Bus Station/Bristol service _ Willsbridge Hill stop_ leaves Bath at 33 mins past the hour,Mon-Sat.
Leaves Wilsbridge Hill 5 mins to the hour. Suns (No 632) every two hours from 8.35am at Bath and returns every 2 hrs from 9.55am
- from Keynsham Station you can bike in about 10 minutes or catch the No 318 Keynsham Cribbs Causeway stopping at Willsbridge Hill (7 mins)
these go at 5 mins past the hour Mon- Sat and return at 45 mins past the house – no sunday service.
On alighting from the bus you will need to walk down Court Farm Road from Longwell Green or Abbots Road from Hanham Common – about a mile.